#RP612fic: 15 of the best tweets
The hashtag #RP612 automatically takes over Twitter every June 12 with hilariously imaginative tweets since speculative fiction writer Paolo CHikiamco birthed it in 2009, to celebrate our Independence Day.
Every June 12, tweets reimagining history, speculating on the love lives of our heroes, and deft usage of art, movie clips, all get the hashtag to trending status the world over, and this year is no different.
Below are 15 of the best that we’ve seen.
1. Referencing that time a nerf gun was used in Ika-anim na utos is #gold.
2. Can’t resist another one!
3. The same reference with Kris Aquino is a double win.
4. Reading “Rizal” and “baby girl” in one sentence is a strange experience.
5. The fictional Twitter account of Jose Rizal participating in the thread is rather strange, too.
6. A tweet pointing out Palaban and ipaglalaban.
7. Walwalan in the late ‘1800s was reimagined.
8. Thoughts about Mabini and his love life came aplenty.
9. Alternative history figured out the inventor of the flower crown!
10. Recent history was not spared.
11. This is Bes in 1896
12. A ChickenJoy reference always speaks to us.
13. A reference on “13 Reasons Why” makes this thread very 2017
14. A skillful insertion of school to the conversation? Why not.
15. A reimagining of the Spoliarium is always welcome.